Author Topic: Pander Beers  (Read 1110 times)

Pander Beers

• PR Member
    • View Profile
  • FFXIV: Pander Beers (Excalibur)
Pander Beers
« on: May 10, 2015, 05:43:05 AM »
Hello, I'm new to FFXIV, but I've spent all night watching Void's stream. I actually enjoyed it so much that I'm giving up trying to join the Balmung server to roll on Excalibur to apply to Purple Reign. I vastly prefer small to mid-sized guilds (or free companies, in this case). What was waiting for me on Balmung was an old buddy and a zerg guild and only one of those two were actually attractive.

I'm interested in finding a free company that is willing to help its members, but also has members competent enough to clear top end game content. It sounds like you guys meet that requirement, and the expectation now would be for me to level up and show you what I can do.

I think you would prefer I was 50 before I applied, but from my end, the biggest issue why it wouldn't work out would be a culture fit... even if I got to 50, I wouldn't be geared enough to run anything worthwhile for you to actually check out my mechanics on for a while. That's my assumption, at least.

I will probably be 50 by the end of the week because of work and all that jazz.

What I'm looking for:
- an active guild that doesn't try to fill its ranks for numbers, quality over quantity
- a free company that plays between 7-midnight during the week, on the weekends I play pretty late so that's not an issue
- the possibility of a legit end game static group. I know y'all have your primary static group, that's fine. just if you haven't seen, and don't expect to see, enough players joining on to be able to fill out a 2nd group in the next month or two, I'd like to know that before going hard in the paint

As far as roles I play, I'd be most comfortable in melee DPS or tanking. I'm rolling my guy as a tank to start out because my understanding is that queue times are non-existent for tanks. If there end up being other tanks who really want that spot and I'm comfortable with them tanking, I'll happily switch off to main a melee DPS.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 05:51:16 AM by Pander Beers »

Morgaine

• PR Officer
    • View Profile
  • FFXIV: Morgaine Le'fay
Re: Pander Beers
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2015, 03:57:34 PM »
Hey! :)

You being 50 wouldn't bother us. We have some people that are brand new to the game and we've been trying to help them get through the content at their own pace. Things have slowed down quite a bit while everyone is waiting for expansion. People aren't logging in as often (myself included.) I feel like we have an odd number of people that need things still.

One thing that I saw is that you want the possibility of a static group. I can honestly say that our FC leadership doesn't have any control over static groups. If a member wishes to start their own we obviously allow the use of our TS server, a private forum for their raid use, and any help that they need. We don't set up static groups for them though. You don't have to have FC members only for your static either. Our primary static didn't start as all FC members. It was my personal group and I recruited via PF for it and we went through many members before we found the couple few that fit us well. Eventually they just joined our FC. :P

With all that in mind if you'd still like to join I'd be ok with it XD And if not then we'll see you on the stream no hard feelings. :D

Pander Beers

• PR Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2015, 04:15:27 PM »
Yeah, I'm satisfied with what I've read about your FC. Y'all seem like a really solid group, and I look forward to playing with you
I'm finishing up a little bit of the 14-day free trial, but I've already purchased the game and waiting to unlock it for when I've got a handful of my classes to 20 or something along those lines

I'll message you, Morgaine, when I've got my sub plugged in and am able to be invited... unless someone else has any issues or questions for me

Edit: removed the bit about talking on TS3, my concerns have been sorted

morrigan cerabys

• PR Member
  • meow?
    • View Profile
  • FFXIV: Morrigan Cerabys
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2015, 05:41:24 PM »
Yeah, I'm satisfied with what I've read about your FC. Y'all seem like a really solid group, and I look forward to playing with you
I'm finishing up a little bit of the 14-day free trial, but I've already purchased the game and waiting to unlock it for when I've got a handful of my classes to 20 or something along those lines

I'll message you, Morgaine, when I've got my sub plugged in and am able to be invited... unless someone else has any issues or questions for me

Edit: removed the bit about talking on TS3, my concerns have been sorted

Yes.. your name is awesome!! :)

Also,
Would you be interested in being the leader of a static group?

Pander Beers

• PR Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2015, 10:49:51 PM »
We can talk about it more later, and I don't mean to sound dismissive. I just don't know how to answer that after having played for less than a week. My gut feeling would be to find someone more eager to lead a static group so I can just chill ^_^

void4ever

• PR Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2015, 11:22:00 PM »
he was attempting to make a joke...... a very poor joke :P

Void4ever

morrigan cerabys

• PR Member
  • meow?
    • View Profile
  • FFXIV: Morrigan Cerabys